85 Vegetarianism Essay Topic Ideas & Examples
For a vegetarianism essay, research paper, or speech, check out the titles our team has provided for you below.
📍 Great Research Questions about Vegetarianism
🏆 best vegetarianism essay topics & examples, 📌 interesting topics for essays on vegetarianism, 👍 good vegetarian essay topics, 💯 free vegetarianism essay topic generator.
- What are the key types of vegetarians?
- How do you get animal proteins as a vegetarian?
- Why do some people hate vegetarians?
- What are the ecological benefits of vegetarianism?
- Is a vegan diet affordable for the middle class?
- What are the health benefits of eating meat?
- Are there any unsolvable issues regarding a vegan diet?
- What is the best vegetarian food?
- How do you deal with the risk factors of a vegetarian diet?
- What are some myths about veganism?
- Today’s Society Should Move toward Adopting Vegetarian Diet: Arguments For While it is hard for many people to reduce the necessity of eat meat-based products and to increase the use of vegetables and other vegetarian products, however, there is a necessity “to reconsider the increasing […]
- Vegetarian or carnivorous diet However, a diet rich in meat and animal products has been found to have severe detrimental effects to people’s health. A well balanced diet that incorporates both meat and vegetables is essential.
- Target Market for the “Be Fine Vegan Skin Care” To be competitive in the market and realize profits from the sale of the product “Be Fine Vegan Skin Care” in a competitive market, marketing executives analyze and design a market plan that is strategically […]
- Benefits of Vegetarianism Cancer is one of the leading causes of death worldwide and in spite of enormous research efforts and many treatment options, there is still no guaranteed cure for the disease.anou and Svenson assert that in […]
- Vegetarian Diet as a Health-Conscious Lifestyle Making a transition from omnivore to vegetarian lifestyle, besides the impact on the person’s health, people consider the public opinion and the community’s reaction on their decision.
- Vegetarianism Health Benefits It is going to be argued that; Being a vegetarian is good for health since it leads to the prevention of obesity and overweight, developing strong bones, prevention of heart disease, having cancer protection, having […]
- Vegetarianism and Health The doctors claim that vegetarian diets pose a threat to the health of women since they inflict menstrual disruption as well as infertility.
- Vegetarian VS Meat-Eating While meat is a rich source of essential minerals and vitamins, it also results in many adverse effects to the human body.
- Vegetarianism Relation with Health and Religion These are the vegans, the lacto vegetarians, and the Lacto-ovo vegetarians. Apart from the explained contributions to health, vegetarian diets are also instrumental in checking blood pressure, aiding digestion, removal of body toxins and betterment […]
- Vegan vs. Vegetarian Diets: Impacts on Health However, vegetarians have the option of consuming animal products like eggs and milk, but this option is not available to vegans; vegetarians tend to avoid the intake of all the animal proteins.
- Vegetarian Groups by Motivation To understand the reasons underpinning the popularity of this movement, it is important to distinguish the triggers that make people turn into vegetarians.
- Herb’aVors Vegan Drive-Thru Product Business Model As a result, the wide public will be able to receive the brand-new service with the excellent health promotion characteristics and traditional cultural implications of fast-food. The breakthrough of the offered concept is the vegan-based […]
- Positive Reasons and Outcomes of Becoming Vegan Being vegan signifies a philosophy and manner of living that aims at excluding, as much as achievable, any kind of exploitation of, and cruelty against, animals for meat, clothing and other uses while promoting and […]
- Vegetarian Diet: Pros and Cons On the contrary, the study A Comparison of Some of the Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Vegetarian and Omnivorous Turkish Females by Karabudak, Kiziltan, and Cigerim portrayed that vegetarians had higher risks of hyperhomocysteinaemia and lower […]
- Vegan Parents’ Influence on Their Children’s Diet The first reason why a vegan diet should not be imposed on children is that every parent should pay close attention to the needs of their toddlers.
- “Quit Meat” Vegetarian Diet: Pros and Cons Although many dieticians think that meat is an essential nutrient, the reality is that it is inappropriate to eat animals because it is unhealthy and unethical.
- Consumer Behavior Theory: Vegetarianism If this philosophy is extrapolated to the vegetarianism trend analysis, the theory of reasoned action suggests that the rise in the number of vegetarians stems from people’s tendency to associate vegetarianism with good health.
- Vegetarianism Among Chinese Customers This paper explores the reasons for the rise of vegetarianism among the Chinese. A cross-section of Chinese consumers is also motivated to abstain from meat products because of concerns about the infringement of animal rights.
- Moral Status of Animals: Vegetarianism and Veganism The significance of acknowledging the concept of sentience in this context is the fact that vegetarians and vegans accept the idea that animals are like humans when they feel something.
- Can Vegetarian Diets Be Healthy? The analysis of the effectiveness of such a nutritional principle for the body can confirm, or, on the contrary, refute the theory about the advantages of vegetarianism and its beneficial effect on body functions.
- Pro-Vegetarianism to Save the Earth While most people agree that population growth is closely connected to the emission of greenhouse gases, which are harmful to the environment, as they lead to global warming, a rare individual believes that he or […]
- The Vegan Dog Kit Company’s Business Plan According to statistics, the number of vegetarianism in the United States is on the rise: as of 2018, five percent of the population adheres to a meatless diet, with half of them practicing veganism. Evidently, […]
- Vegan Hot Dogs: Product Marketing The market for vegan hot dogs is a constantly growing market because the younger layer of the population is becoming more adherent to non-meat or vegan food sources.
- Vegetarian Diet and Proper Amount of Vitamins Issue This difference was accounted for by 14% lower zinc levels in the vegetarian diet and 21% less efficient absorption of zinc while eating it.
- The Vegetarian Burger – A Product Review The burger also comes with significant nutrient components of Sodium and potassium.The total carbohydrate of the burger amounts to 6g which is 2% of the whole production unit.
- Vegetarian or Meat Eaters Contrary to the belief that meat is a great source of proteins, the quality of the protein in meat products is considered to be very poor since there is lack of proper combination of amino […]
- Ecological Benefits of a Vegetarian Diet The final level of the food sequence is carried out by organisms that help in the decomposition of the primary; secondary; and tertiary organisms back to the food flow by acting as nutrients and manure […]
- Soul Food: The Origin and Reasons of Vegetarianism This paper explores the origin, the performance of this practice, the solutions this practice offers to the challenges the Indian culture faces, and how vegetarianism reflects the values of the people.
- Vegetarianism and Its Causes The first cause to discuss is connected with economic reasons or the inability to include meat in everyday diet. Many vegetarians share the opinion that a meat-based diet is a sign of inhumanity.
- Vegetarian Women and Prevention of Iron Depletion and Anemia Most of the body’s iron exists in hemoglobin, a quarter of the rest exists as metabolized iron-ferritin in the liver and the rest is found in the muscle tissue and selected enzymes.
- Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian Healthier Diet The first and foremost is that a vegetarian diet is one of the best weapons that can be used against overweight and obesity.
- Vegetarian Consumer Behaviour Raphaely states that the advances in agriculture created a threat to the environment, and it is important to study this situation in an in-depth manner.
- City’s Finest as a Vegan Ethical Shoe Brand The brand is focused on authenticity and transparency, producing the shoes locally and sourcing recycled and reclaimed materials that combine the principles of veganism and sustainability.
- Health 2 Go: Vegan Waffles for Everyone All fruits and berries are purchased daily from local suppliers and stored in a contaminant-free unit of the Health 2 Go.
- Why You Should Not Be a Vegetarian To conclude the above, it is important to note that vegetarianism refers to a form of food culture in which the individual eschews animal products.
- Harmfulness of Vegetarianism: The False Health Claim According to the article “How vegetarianism is bad for you and the environment”, “Plant-based sources tend to be low in saturated fat, a component of the brain and a macronutrient vital for human health”..
- The Impact of Vegan and Vegetarian Diets on Diabetes Vegetarian diets are popular for a variety of reasons; according to the National Health Interview Survey in the United States, about 2% of the population reported following a vegetarian dietary pattern for health reasons in […]
- Worldwide Vegan Dairies: Digital Marketing Of particular importance is the promotion of vegan cheese in Australia, where information technology is also developed and the culture of a vegetarian lifestyle is flourishing.
- Vegetarianism Is Good For Many Reasons For Health, Ethics, And Religious
- Understanding What Vegetarianism Is and Its Dietary Limitations
- A History of Vegetarianism: Moral and Philosophy
- Vegetarianism and the Other Weight Problem
- The Environmental Necessity of Vegetarianism
- The Misusage Of The Vegetarianism In Teenage Females With Eating Disorders
- Determinants of Vegetarianism and Meat Consumption Frequency in Ireland
- The Dietary Concept of Vegetarianism and the Nutritional Intake
- Vegetarianism Is The Human Conception For Man ‘s Own Advantage
- Why Vegetarianism Is Good For You And The Planet
- Vegetarianism: The Key to a Health-Conscious, Ecological America
- The Significance of Cow Protection and Vegetarianism in Hinduism
- Relative Moral Superiority And Proselytizing Vegetarianism
- Determinants of Vegetarianism and Partial Vegetarianism in the United Kingdom
- An Analysis of the Three Important Aspects of Vegetarianism
- Negative Stereotypes of Vegetarianism
- Vegetarianism Versus Eating Meat
- The Effects Of Vegetarianism On Health And Environment
- A Description of Vegetarianism as a Way of Life For Many People For Centuries
- History And Philosophy Of Vegetarianism
- Vegetarianism – To Meat Or Not To Meat
- Arguments in Favor and Against Vegetarianism
- American Vegetarianism How It Became a Subculture
- The Benefits of Vegetarianism and Its Main Features
- The Health and Economic Benefits of Vegetarianism
- The Main Benefits of Vegetarianism and Its Importance
- Some Economic Benefits and Costs of Vegetarianism
- Why Vegetarianism Is Good For Many Reasons For Life
- The Hidden Politics of Vegetarianism Caste and the Hindu Canteen
- An Analysis of Vegetarianism as the Best Way To Save Animals Lives and Help the Environment
- Vegetarianism: Fighting the Addiction to Meat
- The Earliest Record of Vegetarianism in Ancient History
- Vegetarianism Is The Modern Diet Plan
- An Analysis of the Moral and Religious Reasons of Vegetarianism and Its Health Benefits
- Benefits Of Veganism And Vegetarianism
- Animal Rights Is A Cause For Vegetarianism
- Vegetarianism vs Veganism
- Chicago (A-D)
- Chicago (N-B)
IvyPanda. (2023, September 27). 85 Vegetarianism Essay Topic Ideas & Examples. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/vegetarianism-essay-topics/
"85 Vegetarianism Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." IvyPanda , 27 Sept. 2023, ivypanda.com/essays/topic/vegetarianism-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . (2023) '85 Vegetarianism Essay Topic Ideas & Examples'. 27 September.
IvyPanda . 2023. "85 Vegetarianism Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." September 27, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/vegetarianism-essay-topics/.
1. IvyPanda . "85 Vegetarianism Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." September 27, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/vegetarianism-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . "85 Vegetarianism Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." September 27, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/vegetarianism-essay-topics/.
- Cruelty to Animals Titles
- Humanism Research Ideas
- Animal Testing Topics
- Veganism Essay Ideas
- Meat Research Ideas
- Diet Essay Topics
- Hinduism Topics
- Dietary Supplements Questions
- Fast Food Essay Titles
- Anorexia Essay Ideas
- Food Essay Ideas
- Malnutrition Titles
- Obesity Ideas
- Metabolic Disorders Questions
- Vitamins Research Topics
Home — Essay Samples — Life — Lifestyle & Interests — Vegan
Essays About Being a Vegan
The positive effects of being in a vegan diet.
Rated by a GradeFixer's writer
Veganism - The Best Solution to Nowadays' Problems
Made-to-order essay as fast as you need it.
Each essay is customized to cater to your unique preferences
+ experts online
Vegan is Better: The Benefits of a Plant Based Diet for Health and Environment
Vegan lifestyle: why veganism is more than a diet, how being a vegan affects us and the planet, why i chose veganism and how it changed my life, let us write you an essay from scratch.
- 450+ experts on 30 subjects ready to help
- Custom essay delivered in as few as 3 hours
How Veganism Could Contribute to Human’s Life
The physiological and psychological implications of a vegetarian/vegan diet on endurance athletes, a critique of an advertisement for go vegan, overview of the features of switching to a vegan diet, get a personalized essay in under 3 hours.
Expert-written essays crafted with your exact needs in mind
The Environmental Cost of Animal Farming Cycle and Eco-friendly Meat
Why vegetarianism is better than meat eating: health, environmental, and ethical reasons, the benefits of vegetarianism in contrast to meat eating, how i decide to become a vegan, vegan gains – canadian youtuber and bodybuilder, the cost of meat eating vs the benefits of vegetarianism, some advice for traveling vegans.
Veganism is the practice of abstaining from the use of animal products, particularly in diet, and an associated philosophy that rejects the commodity status of animals. An individual who follows the diet or philosophy is known as a vegan.
Vegetarianism can be traced to Indus Valley Civilization in 3300-1300 BCE in the Indian subcontinent, particularly in northern and western ancient India. Early vegetarians included Indian philosophers such as Parshavnatha, Mahavira, Acharya Kundakunda, Umaswati, Samantabhadra, and the Tamil poet Valluvar; the Indian emperors Chandragupta Maurya and Ashoka; Greek philosophers such as Empedocles, Theophrastus, Plutarch, Plotinus, and Porphyry; and the Roman poet Ovid and the playwright Seneca the Younger. The Greek sage Pythagoras may have advocated an early form of strict vegetarianism.
Ethical vegans” also avoid the use of animal products like skin (leather or fur), feathers, and other things that cause animal suffering during production. Approximately 5% of the US is vegetarian (close to 16 million people), and about half of those are vegan - meaning about 7.5 million Americans abstain from all animal products. Vegans get their protein from products like lentils, black beans, veggie burgers, tofu, nuts, peanut butter, and soy milk.
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Bucket List
No need to pay just yet!
- Instructions Followed To The Letter
- Deadlines Met At Every Stage
- Unique And Plagiarism Free
Essays About Veganism: Top 5 Examples and 10 Prompts
Veganism is on the rise. See below for our great examples of essays about veganism and helpful writing prompts to get started.
Veganism is the practice of abstaining from animal-based foods and products. The movement originated from the philosophies against using animals as commodities and for capitalist gains. Now a booming industry, veganism promises better health benefits, a more humane world for animals, and an effective solution to global warming.
Here is our round-up of essays examples about veganism:
1. A Brief History of Veganism by Claire Suddath
2. animal testing on plant-based ingredients divides vegan community by jill ettinger, 3. as vegan activism grows, politicians aim to protect agri-business, restaurateurs by alexia renard, 4. bezos, gates back fake meat and dairy made from fungus as next big alt-protein by bob woods, 5. going vegan: can switching to a plant-based diet really save the planet by sarah marsh, 1. health pros and cons of veganism, 2. veganism vs. vegetarianism, 3. the vegan society, 4. making a vegan diet plan, 5. profitability of vegan restaurants, 6. public personalities who are vegan, 7. the rise of different vegan products, 8. is vegan better for athletes, 9. vegans in your community, 10. most popular vegan activists.
“Veganism is an extreme form of vegetarianism, and though the term was coined in 1944, the concept of flesh-avoidance can be traced back to ancient Indian and eastern Mediterranean societies.”
Suddath maps out the historical roots of veganism and the global routes of its influences. She also laid down its evolution in various countries where vegan food choices became more flexible in considering animal-derived products critical to health.
“Along with eschewing animal products at mealtime, vegans don’t support other practices that harm animals, including animal testing. But it’s a process rampant in both the food and drug industries.”
Ettinger follows the case of two vegan-founded startups that ironically conducts animal testing to evaluate the safety of their vegan ingredients for human consumption. The essay brings to light the conflicts between the need to launch more vegan products and ensuring the safety of consumers through FDA-required animal tests.
“Indeed, at a time when the supply of vegan products is increasing, activists sometimes fear the reduction of veganism to a depoliticized way of life that has been taken over by the food industry.”
The author reflects on a series of recent vegan and animal rights activist movements and implies disappointment over the government’s response to protect public safety rather than support the protests’ cause. The essay differentiates the many ways one promotes and fights for veganism and animal rights but emphasizes the effectiveness of collective action in shaping better societies.
“Beyond fungus, Nature’s Fynd also is representative of the food sustainability movement, whose mission is to reduce the carbon footprint of global food systems, which generate 34% of greenhouse emissions linked to climate change.”
The essay features a company that produces alternative meat products and has the backing of Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, and Al Gore. The essay divulges the company’s investments and plans to expand in the vegan market while providing a picture of the burgeoning alternative foods sector.
“Experts say changing the way we eat is necessary for the future of the planet but that government policy is needed alongside this. If politicians are serious about wanting dietary changes, they also need to incentivise it, scientists and writers add.”
The article conveys the insights and recommendations of environmental and agriculture experts on how to turn more individuals into vegans. The experts emphasize the need for a whole-of-society approach in shifting more diets to vegan instead of putting the onus for change on an individual.
10 Writing Prompts on Essays About Veganism
Here is our round-up of the best prompts to create interesting essays about veganism:
While veganism has been a top choice for those desiring to lose weight and have a healthier lifestyle, some studies have also shown its detrimental effects on health due to deficiencies in specific vitamins. First, find out what existing research and experts say about this. Then, lay down the advantages and disadvantages of going vegan, explain each, and wrap up your essay with your insights.
Differentiate veganism from vegetarianism. Tackle the foods vegans and vegetarians consume and do not consume and cite the different effects they have on your health and the environment. You may also expand this prompt to discuss the other dietary choices that spawned from veganism.
The Vegan Society is a UK-based non-profit organization aimed at educating the public on the ways of veganism and promoting this as a way of life to as many people. Expound on its history, key organizational pillars, and recent and future campaigns. You may also broaden this prompt by listing down vegan organizations around the world. Then discuss each one’s objectives and campaigns.
Write down the healthiest foods you recommend your readers to include in a vegan diet plan. Contrary to myths, vegan foods can be very flavorful depending on how they are cooked and prepared. You may expand this prompt to add recommendations for the most flavorful spices and sauces to take any vegan recipe a notch higher.
Vegan restaurants were originally a niche market. But with the rise of vegan food products and several multinational firms’ foray into the market, the momentum for vegan restaurants was launched into an upward trajectory—research on how profitable vegan restaurants are against restos offering meat on the menu. You may also recommend innovative business strategies for a starting vegan restaurant to thrive and stay competitive in the market.
From J.Lo to Bill Gates, there is an increasing number of famous personalities who are riding the vegan trend with good reason. So first, list a few celebrities, influencers, and public figures who are known advocates of veganism. Then, research and write about stories that compelled them to change their dietary preference.
The market for vegan-based non-food products is rising, from makeup to leather bags and clothes. First, create a list of vegan brands that are growing in popularity. Then, research the materials they use and the processes they employ to preserve the vegan principles. This may prompt may also turn into a list of the best gift ideas for vegans.
Many believe that a high-protein diet is a must for athletes. However, several athletes have dispelled the myth that vegan diets lack the protein levels for rigorous training and demanding competition. First, delve deeper into the vegan foods that serve as meat alternatives regarding protein intake. Then, cite other health benefits a vegan diet can offer to athletes. You may also add research on what vegan athletes say about how a vegan diet gives them energy.
Interview people in your community who are vegan. Write about how they made the decision and how they transitioned to this lifestyle. What were the initial challenges in their journey, and how did they overcome these? Also, ask them for tips they would recommend to those who are struggling to uphold their veganism.
Make a list of the most popular vegan activists. You may narrow your list to personalities in digital media who are speaking loud and proud about their lifestyle choice and trying to inspire others to convert. Narrate the ways they have made and are making an impact in their communities.
To enhance your essay, read our guide explaining what is persuasive writing .
If you’d like to learn more, check out our guide on how to write an argumentative essay .
Yna Lim is a communications specialist currently focused on policy advocacy. In her eight years of writing, she has been exposed to a variety of topics, including cryptocurrency, web hosting, agriculture, marketing, intellectual property, data privacy and international trade. A former journalist in one of the top business papers in the Philippines, Yna is currently pursuing her master's degree in economics and business.
View all posts
Veganism - Essay Samples And Topic Ideas For Free
Veganism is a lifestyle and dietary choice that excludes all animal products and attempts to limit the exploitation of animals as much as possible. Essays could discuss the ethical, environmental, and health aspects of veganism, challenges faced by vegans, and the societal reaction to veganism. The impact of veganism on the food industry could also be explored. We’ve gathered an extensive assortment of free essay samples on the topic of Veganism you can find at PapersOwl Website. You can use our samples for inspiration to write your own essay, research paper, or just to explore a new topic for yourself.
A Better Understanding of Veganism
Intro: Many people believe that humans are naturally supposed eat meat and dairy and that there is a humane way to produce meat and dairy products, when in reality, that is not the case. That idea stems from childhood. Diet is a learned behavior just as religion and culture is. Usually, a child may grow up in an omnivore household, eating the average diet of fruits, veggies, meat, dairy, and grains. In a vegetarian household, a child may be taught […]
Pros and Cons of Veganism
Veganism is a controversial topic among many people that often results in heated debates. Those who follow the vegan lifestyle, or at least advocate for it, argue that it is a clean and healthy way to live, a way that has positive effect on both a person's physical health and their impact on the environment. On the other hand, there are people who counter that veganism is a radical and impractical lifestyle that is almost impossible to maintain in today's […]
Going Vegan for the Animals
For as long as I can remember, I always loved animals but I never asked myself as an animal lover if it was okay to eat other animals but now that I look back,I feel like a hypocrite, loving one animal and eating another. And I always ask myself why I didn’t think of it earlier but the reason I didn’t was because the people around me ate meat like it was okay and so it was normal for me […]
Is Veganism Detrimental to One’s Health
There are many reasons why people are inclined to practicing a vegan diet including, health conditions, ethical values, and to help the environment. Veganism has been said to reverse many conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, and even aging ("Animal products | Health Topics | NutritionFacts.org," n.d.). Moral value also plays a big part in the movement to become vegan as many animals are slaughtered and abused due to high demand. Because of this, approximately 1.6 million Americans […]
Veganism Might Save Us: from One Meat Lover to Another
Does the word "vegan" ring a bell? Yes, exactly. That's the face. Eyes glare, mouths twist, sometimes laughter erupts— and not the good kind. We are all quick to shut down our hearing system when somebody happens to mention they are vegan; we put them on mute and kindly nod our heads just enough to be polite. Well, maybe we shouldn't. Veganism is not only a much healthier lifestyle for us, not to mention the great impact it has on […]
We will write an essay sample crafted to your needs.
Might a Vegan Diet be Healthy, or Even Healthier?
While many people enjoy their steaks and burgers, a growing population of the world is turning to a plant based diet. Being vegan, otherwise known as people who have cut all animal products out of their diets, is one of the fastest growing trends in the world. Over 6% of the world is vegan, with almost 4% of them not using any animal products. With this growing trend, could any of it be bad? There are many things to look […]
A Look into Veganism and Plant Based Diets
In recent years the trend of converting to a vegan or plant based diet has been on the rise. As a result there has been rising debate among vegans and those who Maintain a western diet if veganism is a safe and healthy way to go about maintaining your health. It is to my understanding that converting to a vegan or plant based diet is completely possible to thrive on and encouraged. a vegan diet although completely devoid of animal […]
Veganism in Modern World
The topic about veganism has received recognition not because of the adoption of its culture, but due to the controversies surrounding it. Veganism is the practice of people avoiding animal products and their byproducts. Instead, this group of people concentrates on healthier food, such as legumes, vegetables, fruits, and grains to name a few. Traditionally, people have relied on animal products such as meat and milk due to the belief that they enhance growing and developing strong bones. However, people […]
Why we shouldn’t all be Vegan
A persuasive piece intended to present the findings and belief on how veganism is not the only way to stay healthy. This paper would be published in the New York Times health and fitness section and will be directed to those who believe that the only way to save the world, and your health is to be vegan. The New York Times has a wide audience as the range of ages are from millennial (ages 18-29) to generation X (ages […]
Is Veganism Beneficial or Detrimental to Society?
Veganism, a "strict vegetarian diet," is a very popular, yet controversial lifestyle to follow today. According to Alina Petre, a registered dietitian, the online search for the term vegan has risen by more than 250%. The word vegan has become more and more popular amongst society and many have gained more knowledge on the lifestyle itself. When researching the term veganism, according to The Vegan Society the word veganism can be defined as: A philosophy and way of living which […]
Why Veganism is not a Healthier Lifestyle
Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation, of and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or other purposes. Following a plant-based diet can have a lot of benefits for our body and our planet, but often happens that following a very strict vegan diet can lead to inadequate protein consumption. According to a study made by (Larson, Johansson 2002) in the Umea University in Sweden, about […]
Positive Effect of Veganism on Environment
What is veganism, and why should people be for being vegan in the first place? Veganism is a specialized diet that ignores all animal products and is targeted around plant-based foods. The vegan and omnivorous diets both differ from one another on an ethical stand point, when referring to our health, the environment, as well as onto the animals themselves. If those things aren’t enough to change societies perspective. There are a couple of different opposing arguments that are going […]
The Benefits of Veganism on Animal Rights
Millennials are central drivers of this worldwide shift away from consuming animal products. But the plant-based movement is bigger than any one generation. Over recent years, veganism has turned from a fad into a healthy trend. While many people may think that the dietary limitations of a vegan lifestyle may not have many benefits, it does have a particular benefit in aiding animal rights. As animal activists seek to obtain a means to further their protest for animal rights, veganism […]
Veganism and its Effects
The local coffee shop is always occupied with that one person who never fails to remind the baristas and surrounding customers that their extra soy non-dairy milk espresso with added hazelnut syrup is better for the environment than the usual black coffee with a splash of milk purely because it does not contain an animal byproduct. With the current situation of global warming, and the never-ending increase of Earth’s population, more and more people are turning to veganism. Trying to […]
Veganism: do the Anecdotes Hold Answers?
Veganism, seen as an extreme form of vegetarianism, is a lifestyle based on complete flesh-avoidance that can be traced back to ancient Indian and eastern Mediterranean societies (Suddath, 2008). The terms was first coined in November 1944 by British woodworker named Donald Watson, announcing that because vegetarians ate dairy and eggs, he was going to create a new term called "vegan," to describe people who did not. Watson's cause was fueled by the emergence of tuberculosis, which had been found […]
Additional example essays.
- Why Abortion Should be Illegal
- Why Abortion is Wrong
- Abortion - Pro Choice Perspective
- An Analysis of Imagery in Hamlet
- An Analysis of Ophelia's Madness in Hamlet
- Freedom of Speech on Social Media
- Should Vaccinations be Required for Students to Attend Public School?
- Nursing School Admission: A Personal Perspective
- Colleges Athletes Should Be Paid?
- Racism in 'The Merchant of Venice': Exploring Shylock's Character
- Why I Chose Criminal Justice as My Major: The Path to Healing
- Why Euthanasia Should be Legalised
1. Tell Us Your Requirements
2. Pick your perfect writer
3. Get Your Paper and Pay
- Explore the topics
- Get Involved
Arguments For and Against Veganism
- ANIMAL WELFARE: Eating meat requires the death of a living being. Eating dairy usually involves animals being separated from their children, causing distress to both mother and calf. Dairy cattle frequently develop bovine mastitis (a painful infection and inflammation of the udders), and factory farmed animals are kept in cramped conditions and pumped full of antibiotics and growth hormones in order to maximise profit. Unlike wild animals, humans do not require meat to survive (and definitely not dairy products from other animals). Eating meat is a choice and, as moral actors, the correct choice is surely to give up meat and dairy.
- ENVIRONMENT: When cows eat grass, microbes in their gut break down their meal and produce methane. This methane (a greenhouse gas) is released into the atmosphere via the magic of cow burps and farts, making livestock farming one of the biggest contributors to global warming. Factor in deforestation from land clearance, biodiversity loss, and air and water pollution, and animal agriculture is terrible for the environment.
- HEALTH: Vegan diets tend to be rich in foods that have proven health benefits: fresh fruit, vegetables, seeds, nuts, beans and pulses. A vegan diet is typically higher in fibre, and lower in cholesterol, protein, calcium and salt compared to a non-vegan diet. Research suggests that vegans may have a lower risk of heart disease than non-vegans. It is true that vegans need to supplement their diets with B12, but this is easy to do (e.g. via yeast extracts such as Marmite).
- NATURE: Humans (and our ancestors) have eaten meat for an estimated 2.6 million years . In fact, scientists argue that animal protein was vital for helping early hominids develop larger brains, meaning that humans likely wouldn’t even exist if it weren’t for eating meat. We evolved to have meat as part of our diets. Animals eat meat and it would be cruel to prevent them from doing so. Well, guess what? Humans are animals too, and meat is a natural part of our diets.
- CULTURE: Food is a central part of all human cultures. And, around the world, people celebrate their cultures by cooking meat dishes. If the world went vegan, we would lose iconic cultural traditions such as bolognese sauce, tandoori chicken, sashimi, currywurst, and Peking duck.
- HEALTH: A balanced diet is a healthy diet. Eating moderate amounts of fish, meat, and dairy alongside fruit, vegetables and pulses gives us all the vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, and other things we need to stay healthy. Research does suggest that vegans have a lower risk of heart disease, but that same research also indicates they have a higher risk of strokes (possibly due to B12 deficiency), and it’s unclear whether the supposed health benefits of veganism are anyway less about diet and more about broader lifestyle (e.g. vegans tend to exercise more, be non-smokers, not drink to excess, be more moderate in what they consume, etc.).
Image Credits : Image by Freepik
Enter your email address and password to log in to Debating Europe.
Not a supporter yet?
Are you registering as an individual citizen or a Debating Europe community partner?
Individual Citizen Registration Form Community Partner Registration Form
- Descriptive essay
- Choosing a persuasive essay topic
- Essay writing for starters
- Writing an impressive essay
- Crafting a good paper conclusion
- Sample essay about methylene diffusion
- Essay format requirements
- Essay topics in history
- How to type a paper
- Essay sample about enlightenment
- Essay topics ideas
- Creating an essay opening
- Creating a five-page essay
- Sample about children with disabilities
- Sample about primary sources
- Good essay writing company
- Writing an amazing analytical essay
- Getting essay writing help
- Labor Relations: essay sample
- Picking essay topics for kids
- Free essay on Same sex marriage
- Global history essay suggestions
- Being a vegetarian essay topics
- Ideas for a definition essay
- Components of a narrative piece
- Problem solution paper topics
- Composing an essay on deforestation
- Expository writing topics on health
- Ideas for narrative essays
- Best process essay titles
- Creating an informative paper
- Writing about the effects of smoking
- Creating an essay about yourself
- Time-saving tips for busy students
- 5 Tips to improve academic performance
- Cause and effect essay topics
- Topics for a persuasive essay
- Searching for good essay samples
- Composing a title page
- Original essay ideas
- Essay sample about the human brain
- Essay writing rules
- Sample about types of learning
- Amazing Persuasive essay topics
- The opening paragraph
- Banking and financial degree: sample
- Sample about payment for good grades
- Recycling: essay sample
- Sources for persuasive essay topics
- Getting free analysis paper sample
- Crafting an academic essay
- College essay help
- Muslims vs. terrorism: sample essay
- Courtroom professional standards
- Argument essay topics
- Compare and contrast essay sample
- Finding cyber bullying essay topics
- Essay sample about hazing
- Essay about an effective school environment
- Writing a paper on the Kite Runner
- Three-paragraph essay samples
- Critical analysis paper structure
- Writing a paper on cancer
- Starting an evaluative paper
- Writing about money and life
- Concluding a discursive paper
- Comparing two movies in an essay
- Writing a nursing application
- Narrative paper on personal experience
A List Of Great Argumentative Essay Topics On Being A Vegetarian
Are you looking for a valid and unique topic for your argumentative essay on being a vegetarian? Do you want to write for or against being a vegetarian? Did you decide the niche you want to address in your essay? Do you need a great paper to impress your teachers? Do you want to collect fresh ideas to write a good paper? Do you think it is difficult to stay objective while writing such an assignment? Do you understand the requirements for a topic of an argumentative essay?
All these questions are normal for students looking to write an impressive essay. They want to impress their peers and teachers with a unique topic and choose a fresh approach towards the paper. It is comparatively easier for them to write a winning paper when they have a good topic to begin with. A topic is the most time consuming part of your paper because you need to make sure it is new, fresh, engaging, and precise as per your subject. If you are to choose a great topic for your argumentative essay on a vegetarian diet, then you can consider the following suggestions. Remember that these are only ideas and you do not have to use them as is without editing or altering to suit your style and approach
Topics for an argumentative essay on a vegetarian diet
- A vegetarian diet is healthier as compared to meat rich diet
- Vegetarians usually do not face issues of obesity because they have little fat intake
- People with Meat eating diets are more prone to heart conditions, cancer, and other chronic diseases
- Killing and hunting animals only for the sake of food is ethically and morally wrong
- Vegetables lack certain vitamins and protein essential for breastfeeding moms and infants
- Meat diet is expensive to afford while vegetables are cheaper
- A person needs to have a balance of both types of diet to stay healthy
- Religious oppression and non-vegetarian diets
- Vegetables should be consumed more because they are light and easy to digest
- Vegetables keep the skin healthier
- Meat diets keep the body functions proper
- If all people go on vegetarian diet, many people will lose their source of income and become jobless
- Vegetables are healthy as long as backed up with enough protein
essay writing tips
- How to pick essay topics
- Original essay topics
- Art history: essay sample
- Creating a reflective piece
- Narrative writing basics
- Writing essays - essay guide.
- US essay writers - service.
argumentative essay topics on veganism
- essay examples
- essay format
- essay samples
- essay template
- essay topics