- Quote of the Day
- Picture Quotes
Love Sacrifice Quotes
Standart top banner.
Love sacrifices all things to bless the thing it loves.
Love doesn't please itself by seeking revenge. Love sacrifices itself for the good of others.
Remember that when you leave this earth, you can take with you nothing that you have received - only what you have given: a full heart, enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice and courage.
The happiness of married life depends upon making small sacrifices with readiness and cheerfulness.
When you make the sacrifice in marriage, you're sacrificing not to each other but to unity in a relationship.
Think now and then that there is a man who would give his life, to keep a life you love beside you.
Such is my love, to thee I so belong, That for thy right myself will bear all wrong.
...The only slogan we need in order to be happy in our home is: Love Each Other -three simple words. Apply the ingredients of love. Sacrifice for each other. Make each other happy.
Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you.
Faith is the power, obedience the sacrifice, love the means, Christ the reason.
It isn't sacrifice if you love what you're doing.
A home is much more than a house built of lumber, brick, or stone. A home is made of love, sacrifice, and respect. We are responsible for the homes we build. We must build wisely, for eternity is not a short voyage. There will be calm and wind, sunlight and shadows, joy and sorrow. But if we really try, our home can be a bit of heaven here on earth. The thoughts we think, the deeds we do, the lives we live not only influence the success of our earthly journey, they also mark the way to our eternal goals.
Of all the human values, three are most important. The foremost is love of God. Where there is love there is sacrifice. There arises purity of heart. There should be a fusion of love, sacrifice and purity. They are not mere human qualities. They constitute vital organs of a human being. They are as essential for a human being as the head, hands and legs for the body. Without these attributes, no one is a complete human being.
... in order to be a true revolutionary, you must understand love. Love, sacrifice, and death.
If we love Him infinitely more than we do ourselves, we make an unconditional sacr Here it is that the Spirit teaches us all truth; for all truth is eminently contained in this sacrifice of love, where the soul strips itself of every thing to present it to God.
I'm not going to sacrifice love, real love, for any *%@$n' war or any friend, or any business, because in the end you're alone at night.
To lay down one's life for the truth.
Love has no thought of self! Love buys not with the ruthless usurer's gold The loathsome prostitution of a hand Without a heart! Love sacrifices all things To bless the thing it loves!
The mark of man is initiative, but the mark of woman is cooperation. Man talks about freedom; woman about sympathy, love, sacrifice. Man cooperates with nature; woman cooperates with God. Man was called to till the earth, to "rule over the earth"; woman to be the bearer of a life that comes from God.
Peace demands the most heroic labor and the most difficult sacrifice.
She taught me all about real sacrifice. That it should be done from love... That it should be done from necessity, not without exhausting all other options. That it should be done for people who need your strength because they don't have enough of their own.
The remarkable thing is that we really love our neighbor as ourselves: we do unto others as we do unto ourselves. We hate others when we hate ourselves. We are tolerant toward others when we tolerate ourselves. We forgive others when we forgive ourselves. We are prone to sacrifice others when we are ready to sacrifice ourselves.
Oaths are the counterfeit money with which we pay the sacrifice of love.
Only he can understand what a farm is, what a country is, who shall have sacrificed part of himself to his farm or country, fought to save it, struggled to make it beautiful. Only then will the love of farm or country fill his heart.
last adds STANDART BOTTOM BANNER
- The author didn't say that
- There is a mistake in the text of this quote
- The quote belongs to another author
- Other error
Get Social with AzQuotes
Follow AzQuotes on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Every day we present the best quotes! Improve yourself, find your inspiration, share with friends
SIDE STANDART BANNER
- WordPress plugin
- ES Version AZQuotes.ES
- Submit Quotes
Login with your account
Create account, find your account.
QUOTES ON LOVE SACRIFICE
“Love is not about how much you say ‘I love you,’ but how much you can prove that it’s true through sacrifices.” – Anonymous
“True love is selfless. It is prepared to sacrifice.” – Sadhu Vaswani
“Love is giving up your own needs to fulfill the needs of someone else.” – Unknown
“The greatest act of love is the willingness to sacrifice everything for another person’s happiness.” – Unknown
“Love is not just about saying ‘I love you,’ it’s about showing it through your actions and sacrifices.” – Unknown
“Sacrifice is the ultimate sign of love.” – Unknown
“Love is not transactional. It’s about selflessness, sacrifice, and giving without expecting anything in return.” – Unknown
“In love, it’s not always about winning or losing. Sometimes, it’s about sacrificing for the happiness of the one you love.” – Unknown
“Love is being willing to give up everything just to see a smile on the face of the person you love.” – Unknown “True love is all about sacrifice and putting the needs of the person you love above your own.” – Unknown
“You don’t measure love in terms of sacrifices made, but sacrifices willingly made out of love.” – Unknown
“Love is not selfish; it’s about putting the needs of the person you love before your own desires.” – Unknown
“Love is not about holding onto someone tightly; it’s about letting them go if it’s what’s best for them.” – Unknown FRIENDS TOUGH TIMES QUOTES
“To love deeply is to be willing to sacrifice everything.” – Daphne Rose Kingma
“Love is about compromise, understanding, and sacrificing your own desires for the sake of your loved ones.” – Unknown
“The depth of love can be measured by the depth of sacrifice one is willing to make.” – Unknown
“Love is a selfless act of sacrifice for the well-being and happiness of another.” – Unknown
“True love is about sacrificing your own needs for the happiness and well-being of the person you love.” – Unknown
“Sacrifice is a testament to the depth of love.” – Unknown
“The beauty of love lies in the sacrifices made for it.” – Unknown
“Sometimes, love means letting go of what you hold dear to make your loved one happy.” – Unknown
“Love is not about possession; it’s about letting the person you love be free to pursue their own happiness.” – Unknown
“The true measure of love is the sacrifices you are willing to make for the person you care about.” – Unknown
“Love is not about finding someone perfect; it’s about accepting their imperfections and being willing to sacrifice for them.” – Unknown
- Love Bible Verses
- The Father’s Love
- Jesus’ Love
- Trusting God
- Dating And Relationships
- A-Z Bible Verses About Index
- Why God Allows Trials
- Why The World Hates Christians
- Bible Quotes
- Jesus Quotes
- Quotes About Christianity
- What Is Prayer Quotes
- Quotes About Insurance
- Is The Trinity In The Bible?
- Christian Vs Catholic
- Is God Real?
- How To Worship God?
- How To Read The Bible For Beginners
- What Is Hell?
- NIV VS ESV Bible
Why should God let you into Heaven?
Do you know the answer? Are you confident in your salvation?
Love Is About Quotes
As Valentine’s Day nears, we hear the word love more often. Love is a powerful word that has the ability to change someone’s life instantly. If we’re honest, we all desire love , but what is true love about? Let’s learn more with these inspirational quotes about love.
Love is built
Contrary to popular belief, love is not something that you fall into. If we’re honest, we all desire a storybook love story where we meet our future boyfriend or girlfriend in the perfect place, with the perfect atmosphere, while the sun causes their faces to have a lovely radiance. We hear these stories and we think it’s love at first sight before there is any foundation. The problem with this way of thinking is that when things are not so perfect, and the emotions are gone, then we can easily fall out of love. This is not to say that God can’t give you a fairy-tale love moment, the first moment you lock eyes with your future spouse. This is the story for many people. However, this shouldn’t be what we focus on. Let’s learn how to love by looking at God, who is the Creator of love and realize that love is a choice. It is something that is built over time and over time the foundation of love grows stronger and stronger in your relationship.
1. “Love is something that is built over time.”
2. “ Love is a two-way street constantly under construction.”
3. “True love isn’t found it’s built.”
4. “You don’t fall into love. You commit to it. Love is saying I will be there no matter what.”
5. “Real love is built the old fashioned way, through hard work.”
6. “A relationship is not based on the length of time you spent together; it’s based on the foundation you built together.”
7. “Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.” C.S. Lewis
8. “Whether it’s a friendship or relationship, all bonds are built on trust, without it you have nothing.”
9. “Love is like a painting in the beginning it is only an idea, but over time it is built up through errors and corrections till you have a breath taking work of art for all to see.”
10. “Your best relationships are not built. They are rebuilt, and rebuilt, and rebuilt over time.”
11. “A great relationship doesn’t happen because of the love you had in the beginning, but how well you continue building love until the end.”
12. “Relationships gets stronger when both are willing to understand mistakes and forgive each other.”
13. “I choose you. And I’ll choose you over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I’ll keep choosing you.”
14. “Love is friendship that has caught fire.”
15. “The greatest marriages are built on teamwork. A mutual respect, a healthy dose of admiration, and a never-ending portion of love and grace.”
16. “Love is not about finding the right person, but in creating the right relationship. It’s not about how much you have in the beginning but how much you build till the end.”
Love is about sacrifice
The ultimate depiction of love is Jesus Christ sacrificing His life so that we could be saved. What Christ accomplished on the cross teaches us that love makes sacrifices for loved ones. Sacrifices can come in a number of ways.
Naturally, you are going to sacrifice your time for the one that you love. You are going to wrestle with those things about yourself that may hurt your relationship, such as your pride, the need to always be right, etc. Love is willing to sacrifice privacy to do life with one another and grow in communication. Not in the slightest, am I saying that we should sacrifice everything, especially things that put us in danger. In relationships there should be a mutual desire to grow in selflessness and respect for each other. True love is not without sacrifice.
17. “Whether we are husband or wife, we are not to live for ourselves but for the other. And that is the hardest yet single most important function of being a husband or a wife in marriage.”
18. “ Sacrifice is giving yourself up for the one you love.”
19. “True love is an instinctive act of self-sacrifice.”
20. “This was what love meant after all sacrifice and selflessness. It did not mean hearts and flowers and a happy ending but the knowledge that another’s well-being is more important than ones own.”
21. “True love is sacrifice. It is in giving, not in getting; in losing, not in gaining; in realizing, not in possessing, that we love.”
22. “Only if you have learned to serve others by the power of the Holy Spirit will you have the power to face the challenges of marriage”
23. “Love is not just a feeling it’s a commitment and above all a sacrifice.”
24. “Lust is about satisfaction. Love is about sacrificing, serving, surrendering, sharing, supporting, and even suffering for others. Most love songs are actually lust songs.”
25. “The ultimate display of love is not hugs and kisses, it’s sacrifice.
26. “True love is selfless. It is prepared to sacrifice.”
27. “Relationships blossom when sacrifice takes the place of selfishness.”
28. “Love costs us everything. That’s the kind of love God showed us in Christ. And that’s the kind of love we’re buying into when we say ‘I do.
29. “Without sacrifice, true love is incomprehensible.
Love is risky
Love is not easy. Love might be difficult because maybe you were hurt before and now you’re afraid to trust him/her. Love might be hard because you’ve never felt the way that you do and don’t know how to receive or give love. Being in a healthy relationship means that there are times when you are going to have to be vulnerable with him/her. Love is risky, but it’s beautiful. One of the most beautiful things is when you are with someone that you can trust. It’s a picture of God. I can comfortably open up to God about my mess and know that I am still loved. It’s beautiful when God has led you to someone who loves you despite your mess. It’s beautiful when He’s led you to someone who is not only open to listening to you, but also willing to assist you.
30. “Loving someone is giving them the power to break your heart, but trusting them not to.”
31. “Better to put your heart on the line, risk everything, and walk away with nothing than play it safe. Love is a lot of things, but ‘safe’ isn’t one of them.”
32. “To me, obligation is not love. Letting someone be open, honest and free — that’s love. It’s got to come natural and it’s got to be real.”
33. “The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise, we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.”
34. “Forget the risk and take the fall. If it’s meant to be, then it’s worth it all.”
35. “We cultivate love when we allow our most vulnerable and powerful selves to be deeply seen and known.”
36. “It is a risk to love. What if it doesn’t work out? Ah, but what if it does.”
37. “Love is risky. To love is to move into danger – because you cannot control it, it is not safe. It is not within your hands. It is unpredictable: where it will lead nobody knows.”
38. “In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take, relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make.”
39. “Sometimes the biggest risks are those we take with our hearts.”
40. “ Love is the most risky investment one can make . But the sweet thing about it is that there is never a total loss.”
41. “What is love? I think love is scary, and love is dangerous, because to love someone means to give up a part of yourself.”
42. “Love is when one person knows all of your secrets… your deepest, darkest, most dreadful secrets of which no one else in the world knows… and yet in the end, that one person does not think any less of you; even if the rest of the world does.”
43. “The question, love, is whether you want me enough to take the risk.”
Sometimes love is hard
True love is not when you love someone when everything is going great. True love is when you love someone when they’re being difficult. Every time you offer grace, mercy, and unconditional love, that is a picture of God. When you have to forgive your spouse, who has left the cabinet doors open for the 3rd time this week, know that God has forgiven you 30 times in just one day. Marriage is the greatest tool of sanctification. God is going to use your relationship to conform you into His image. You are going to have some great times with your spouse. However, when things aren’t so great because you love them you are not going anywhere.
44. “Love isn’t always perfect. It isn’t a fairytale or a storybook. And it doesn’t always come easy. Love is overcoming obstacles, facing challenges, fighting to be together, holding on & never letting go. It is a short word, easy to spell, difficult to define, & impossible to live without. Love is work, but most of all, Love is realizing that every hour, every minute, & every second was worth it because you did it together.”
45. “Love means loving the unloveable — or it is no virtue at all.” G.K. Chesterton
46. “When over the years someone has seen you at your worst, and knows you with all your strengths and flaws, yet commits him or herself to you wholly, it is a consummate experience. To be loved but not known is comforting but superficial. To be known and not loved is our greatest fear . But to be fully known and truly loved is, well, a lot like being loved by God. It is what we need more than anything.” -Timothy Keller
47. “Someone who really loves you sees what a mess you can be, how moody you can get, how hard you are to handle, but still wants you in their life .”
50. “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow–this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.”
51. “Your flaws are perfect for the heart that is meant to love you.”
52. “Love means that you accept a person seeing perfection in imperfection. “Love means that you accept a person with all their failures stupidities, ugly points and nonetheless, you see perfection in imperfection itself.”
53. “Your marriage vows are most important in those moments when they are most difficult to keep.”
54. “ A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other”
55. “You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.”
56. “I love you” means that I will love you and stand by you even through the worst of times.”
Christian quotes about love
Here are several Christian and relationship quotes on love.
57. “Pursuing and loving your spouse always begins with understanding how you’re pursued and loved by Christ .”
58. “If we look to our spouses to fill up our tanks in a way that only God can do, we are demanding an impossibility”
59. “Falling in love in a Christian way is to say,I am excited about your future and I want to be part of getting you there. Im signing up for the journey with you. Would you sign up for the journey to my true self with me? Its going to be hard but I want to get there.”
60. “I choose you for life and that means I choose to draw you closer to God with every step that I take.”
61. “ When you’re dating , abstinence is a greater expression of love than making love, because you’re doing what’s best for your beloved, not just what feels good in the moment.”
62. “You know it s true love when they bring you closer to God.”
63. “Nothing will bring two hearts closer together, than two hearts that are after the heart of God.”
64. “True Christian love is not derived from things without, but floweth from the heart, as from a spring.” — Martin Luther
The beauty of love
Scripture reminds us that we are relational beings. We were made to have a relationship with God and each other. One thing humanity has in common is that yearning for deep connection with someone.
We all desire to know and love someone and to be known and loved by someone. Ultimately, true love is experienced with a relationship with Christ. When we are rooted in Christ, we will better love those in our lives.
65. “You’re rich until you have something that money can’t buy.”
66. “Sometimes home isn’t four walls. It’s two eyes and a heartbeat.”
67. “If I know what love is, it is because of you .”
68. “There is no greater happiness for a man than approaching a door at the end of a day knowing someone on the other side of that door is waiting for the sound of his footsteps.” Ronald Reagan
69. “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.”
70. “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.”
71. “Love is like a beautiful flower which I may not touch, but whose fragrance makes the garden a place of delight just the same.”
72. “I love you” begins by I, but it ends up by you.”
73. “I know I am in love with you because my reality is finally better than my dreams.”
74. “True love doesn’t have a happy ending. It doesn’t have an ending at all.”
What is love quotes from the Bible
The only reason that we are able to love is because God loved us first. Love is an attribute of God and He is the ultimate example of true love.
75. Song of Solomon 8:6-7: “Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death, jealousy is fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the LORD. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house, he would be utterly despised.”
76. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres .”
77. 1 Peter 4:8 “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”
78. Colossians 3:14 “But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.”
79. 1 John 4:8 “ He who does not love does not know God , for God is love .”
80. 1 Corinthians 13:13 “ And now abide faith , hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.”
“Love is a choice you make from moment to moment.”
- Love Is When Quotes
- Being Honest With God
- 8 Valuable Qualities To Look For In A Godly Husband
- Memories Quotes
- Bible Verses About Valentine's Day
- Dealing with Criticism
- Pray Until Something Happens
- Fake Friends Quotes
- Genuine Prayer
- On God Meaning
Leave a Comment
Previous: Why Does God Hate Me So Much?
Next: Troubles In Life
Welcome, and Happy Wednesday!
Top Bible Verses
- Praising God
- Loving Others
- God's Love Quotes
- Christianity Quotes
- Lion Quotes
- Quotes About Wolves
- Prayer Quotes
- Quotes About Life Insurance
- God is Good Quotes
- Is God real?
- Is Jesus God?
- When is Jesus' Birthday?
- How Old Is The Bible?
- Which is The Best Bible Translation?
- How tall was Jesus?
- How Old Is God?
- What is hell?
- Did Judas Go To Hell?
- How Old Is Jesus?
- Is Smoking Weed A Sin?
- How To Become A Christian?
- Best Bible Apps
- Christian Healthcare Ministries
- Reading the Bible
- Being still
- God's Promises
Luke 1:37 – “For No Word From God Will Ever Fail.”
© 2013 – 2023 Bible Reasons – All Rights Reserved
45+ Simplistic Love And Sacrifice Quotes That Will Unlock Your True Potential
Remember that when you leave this earth, you can take with you nothing that you have received - only what you have given: a full heart, enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice and courage. — Francis of Assisi
Simplistic Love And Sacrifice quotations
A country's greatness lies in its undying ideals of love and sacrifice that inspire the mothers of the race.
A Mother's love is something that no one can explain, It is made of deep devotion and of sacrifice and pain, It is endless and unselfish and enduring come what may For nothing can destroy it or take that love away
The best people possess a feeling for beauty, the courage to take risks, the discipline to tell the truth, the capacity for sacrifice. Ironically, their virtues make them vulnerable; they are often wounded, sometimes destroyed.
Trust me, ... I know where my heart is and my heart's right here. I'm going to keep doing everything because I love to do it, but I will never sacrifice my time between the ropes. That's no shot to anybody. Everybody's got different career paths. This is mine.
It's crazy, if you think about it. The God of the universe - the creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor - loves us with a radical, unconditional, self-sacrificing love. And what is our typical response? We go to church, sing songs, and try not to cuss.
My friends, how desperately we need to be loved and to love.
With it we are creative. With it we march tirelessly. With it, and with it alone, we are able to sacrifice for others.
We are all making a crown for Jesus out of these daily lives of ours, either a crown of golden, divine love, studded with gems of sacrifice and adoration, or a thorny crown, filled with the cruel briars of unbelief, or selfishness, and sin.
Love between man and woman cannot be built without sacrifices and self-denial.
Miss no single opportunity of making some small sacrifice, here by a smiling look, there by a kindly word; always doing the smallest right and doing it all for love.
... in order to be a true revolutionary, you must understand love. Love, sacrifice, and death.
An artist is above all a human being, profoundly human to the core.
If the artist can't feel everything that humanity feels, if the artist isn't capable of loving until he forgets himself and sacrifices himself if necessary, if he won't put down his magic brush and head the fight against the oppressor, then he isn't a great artist.
A mother's love is something that no one can explain — It is made of deep devotion and of sacrifice and pain. It is endless and unselfish and enduring, come what may, For nothing can destroy it or take that love away. It is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking, And it never fails or falters even though the heart is breaking.
Related To Love And Sacrifice Quotations
I really hope that you like this article about 45+ Simplistic Love And Sacrifice Quotes That Will Unlock Your True Potential . Allow me to suggest you reading more meaningful quotes to expand your horizons. The following topics are must-read since you are interested in Love And Sacrifice.
- day-in quotes
- day-out quotes
- difficult quotes
- hardships quotes
- loved quotes
- tuesday morning quotes
- tuesday inspirational quotes
- happy tuesday quotes
- tuesday motivation quotes
Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self-sacrifice creates trust in the power of love.
I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours, to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of Freedom.
Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you.
For anything worth having one must pay the price;
and the price is always work, patience, love, self-sacrifice -- no paper currency, no promises to pay, but the gold of real service.
Not all of us are called to die a martyr’s death, but all of us are called to have the same spirit of self-sacrifice and love to the very end as these martyrs had.
No one can remain married today because they are not married to the one they love, they are married to their sacrifice, and pretending to love is too damned painful. Love and build, love and work, love and fight. Always love first. Anything placed before love will fail.
It is not enough to say we must not wage war. It is necessary to love peace and sacrifice for it.
A sacrifice to be real must cost, must hurt, and must empty ourselves.
Give yourself fully to God. He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in his love than in your weakness.
Yet some can be patriotic who have no self-respect, and sacrifice the greater to the less. They love the soil which makes their graves, but have no sympathy with the spirit which may still animate their clay. Patriotism is a maggot in their heads.
Barack and I were both raised by families who didn't have much in the way of money or material possessions but who had given us something far more valuable - their unconditional love, their unflinching sacrifice, and the chance to go places they had never imagined for themselves.
Bless, O Lord of the centuries and the millennia, the daily work by which men and women provide bread for themselves and their loved ones. We also offer to your fatherly hands the toil and sacrifices associated with work, in union with your Son Jesus Christ, who redeemed human work from the yoke of sin and restored it to its original dignity.
Real love is demanding. I would fail in my mission if I did not clearly tell you so. For it was Jesus - our Jesus himself - who said: 'You are my friends if you do what I command you'. Love demands effort and a personal commitment to the will of God. It means discipline and sacrifice, but it also means joy and human fulfilment.
Marriage is not a simple love affair, it's an ordeal, and the ordeal is the sacrifice of ego to a relationship in which two have become one.
Never let someone’s opinion become your reality.
Never sacrifice who you are because someone else has a problem with it. Love who you are inside and out.
The selfless love that we give to others, to the point of being willing to sacrifice our lives for them, is all the proof I need that human beings are not mere animals of self-interest. We carry within us a divine spark, and if we chose to recognize it, our lives have dignity, meaning, hope.
Love always involves responsibility, and love always involves sacrifice.
And we do not really love Christ unless we are prepared to face His task and to take up His Cross.
Every moral act of love, of mercy, and of sacrifice brings to pass the end of the world where hatred, cruelty, and selfishness reign supreme.
Your competition is not other people but the time you kill, the ill will you create, the knowledge you neglect to learn, the connections you fail to build, the health you sacrifice along the path, your inability to generate ideas, the people around you who don’t support and love your efforts, and whatever god you curse for your bad luck.
A wise nation preserves its records, gathers up its muniments, decorates the tombes of its illustrious dead, repairs its greatest structures and fosters national pride and love of country, by perpetual references to the sacrifices and glories of the past.
The farmer after sacrificing pleasure, taste, freedom, thought, love, to his work, turns out often a bankrupt, like the merchant.This result might well seem astounding. All this drudgery, from cockcrowing to starlight, for all these years, to end in mortgages and the auctioneer's flag, and removing from bad to worse. It is time to have the thing looked into, and with a sifting criticism ascertained who is the fool.
Self-love is, in almost all men, such an over-weight that they are incredulous of a man's habitual preference of the general good to his own; but when they see it proved by sacrifices of ease, wealth, rank, and of life itself, there is no limit to their admiration.
Words, vows, gifts, tears, and love's full sacrifice, He offers in another's enterprise; But more in Troilus thousand-fold I see Than in the glass of Pandar's praise may be, Yet hold I off.
Such is my love, to thee I so belong, That for thy right myself will bear all wrong.
'Every man has his price. This is not true. But for every man there exists a bait which he cannot resist swallowing. To win over certain people to something, it is only necessary to give it a gloss of love of humanity, nobility, gentleness, self-sacrifice - and there is nothing you cannot get them to swallow. To their souls, these are the icing, the tidbit; other kinds of souls have others.
I love those who do not first seek a reason beyond the stars for going down and being sacrifices, but sacrifice themselves to the earth, that the earth of the Superman may hereafter arrive.
I love something: and scarcely do I love it completely when the tyrant in me says: "I want that in sacrifice." This cruelty is in my entrails. Behold! I am evil.
Let man fear woman when she loves: then she makes any sacrifice, and everything else seems without value to her
We will not build a peaceful world by following a negative path.
It is not enough to say we will not wage war. It is necessary to love peace and sacrifice for it. We must concentrate not merely on the negative expulsion of war, but on the positive affirmation of peace
I am indebted to my wife Coretta, without whose love, sacrifices, and loyalty neither life nor work would bring fulfillment. She has given me words of consolation when I needed them and a well-ordered home where #Christian love is a reality.
Who is Jesus to me? Jesus is the Word made Flesh.
Jesus is the Bread of Life. Jesus is the Victim offered for our sins on the cross. Jesus is the sacrifice offered at holy Mass for the sins of the world and for mine. Jesus is the Word - to be spoken. Jesus is the Truth - to be told. Jesus is the Way - to be walked. Jesus is the Light - to be lit. Jesus is the Life - to be lived. Jesus is the Love - to be loved
Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand.
Anyone may gather it and no limit is set. Everyone can reach this love through meditation, spirit of prayer, and sacrifice, by an intense inner life.
Whatever you want to do, if you want to be great at it, you have to love it and be able to make sacrifices for it.
- love is quotes
- mother's love quotes
- endless love quotes
- mother love quotes
- inspirational love quotes
- eternal love
- telling the truth
- life and love
- career path
- sacrifice for others
- divine love
- without sacrifice
- men and women
- love sacrifice
- great artist
- full time mom
- being a mother
- love being a mom
- godly mothers
- loved and lost
- heavenly father
- self sacrifice
- care for you
- love yourself
- selfish people
- Skip to primary navigation
- Skip to main content
- Skip to primary sidebar
- Skip to footer
Good Morning Quotes
Your Daily Source of Inspiration and Positivity
100 Inspirational Sacrifice Quotes for Life, Love and Success
October 20, 2023 By Martha Weston Leave a Comment
Sacrifice is part of life. We all have to give up something to gain something else. Whether it’s sacrificing time, comfort, money, or even relationships, the act of sacrificing can be difficult, but it’s sometimes necessary in our daily lives. Sacrifice is not just limited to one area of life, but it’s something that can be applied to different aspects of our lives, including love and success. To appreciate the importance of sacrifice and how it can positively impact our lives, we’ve compiled a list of 100 sacrifice quotes that offer different perspectives on the act of giving up something for something greater.
Best Sacrifice Quotes
1. “only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life’s deepest joy: true fulfillment.” —tony robbins, american author.
2. “I cannot do all the good that the world needs. But the world needs all the good that I can do.” —Jana Stanfield, singer.
3. “People sacrifice the present for the future. But life is available only in the present. That is why we should walk in such a way that every step can bring us to the here and the now.” —Thich Nhat Hanh, Vietnamese monastic and peace activist
4. “The greatest of follies is to sacrifice health for any other kind of happiness.” —Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher
5. “Love doesn’t please itself by seeking revenge. Love sacrifices itself for the good of others.” —Kerrelyn Sparks, writer
6. “Do some selfless service for people who are in need. Consider the whole picture, not just our little selves.” —Nina Hagen
7. Sacrifice Quotes: “Don’t consider your sacrifices as real ones if you brag about them all the time.” Unknown
8. “The prime quality of true love is it doesn’t seek revenge. Love sacrifices itself for the betterment of others.” Unknown
9. “If people understand what they are missing by not giving, they would make innumerable sacrifices in no time.” Unknown
10. “You can sacrifice and not love. But you cannot love and not sacrifice.” —Kris Vallotton, pastor
11. “It is the best thing, believing there are people like you who put their welfare lastly too.” Unknown
12. “There is nothing that love cannot achieve, and there is nothing that love cannot sacrifice.” —Meher Baba, Indian spiritual master
13. “The best type of sacrifice is that which does not ask for anything, someone willing to sacrifice all that he is and all that he has without any questions asked.” Unknown
14. “There is no moral authority like that of sacrifice.” —Nadine Gordimer, South African writer
15. “Sometimes, you have to let go of things to ensure they don’t become the obstruction in your path. Sometimes, making sacrifices is immensely valuable.”
16. “Never do a wrong thing to make a friend or keep one; the man who requires you to do so is dearly purchased at a sacrifice.” —Robert E. Lee
17. “It is essential to be able to sacrifice yourself and know when to make it.”
18. “A noble purpose inspires sacrifice, stimulates innovation and encourages perseverance.” —Gary Hamel, writer
19. “Love sacrifices all things to bless the thing it loves.” —Edward Bulwer-Lytton, English writer and politician
20. “Life is only a long and bitter suicide, and faith alone can transform this suicide into a sacrifice.” —Franz Liszt
21. “Teamwork requires some sacrifice up front; people who work as a team have to put the collective needs of the group ahead of their individual interests.” —Patrick Lencioni
22. “A sage or real intellectual finds more happiness in giving or sacrificing rather than taking things from the society.”
23. “A person shouldn’t make sacrifices that are bound to bring misery in the lives of others. Real sacrifices induce light in everyone’s life and make the world a better place.”
24. “Sacrifice: If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.”
25. “One-half of knowing what you want is knowing what you must give up before you get it.” —Sidney Howard
26. “Sacrifice is a part of life. It’s supposed to be. It’s not something to regret. It’s something to aspire to.” —Mitch Albom
27. “Let the rest do whatever, while you do whatever it takes.” —Grant Cardone
28. “Peace demands the most heroic labor and the most difficult sacrifice.” —Thomas Merton
29. “There is no true success without sacrifice.”
30. “In some way, suffering ceases to be suffering at the moment it finds meaning, such as the meaning of sacrifice.” — Victor Frankl
31. “A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.” —George Bernard Shaw
32. “Gentleness, self-sacrifice, and generosity are the exclusive possession of no one race or religion.” ―Mahatma Gandhi
33. “Follow your passion, be prepared to work hard and sacrifice, and, above all, don’t let anyone limit your dreams.” ―Donovan Bailey
34. “Let us sacrifice one day in order to gain our whole lives, perhaps.” ―Victor Hugo
35. “It’s what you let go of that determines how high you fly.”
Sacrifice quotes about Love
36. “love without sacrifice is like theft.” ―nassim nicholas taleb.
37. “Sacrifices we make for others and that others make for us, result in blessings for all.” ―Taylor G. Godoy
38. “When you make the sacrifice in marriage, you’re sacrificing not to each other but to unity in a relationship.” ―Joseph Campbell
39. “Men who fear to make the sacrifice of love will have to fight.” —Toyohiko Kagawa
40. “You can never cross the ocean unless you lose sight of the shore.”
41. “The sun loved the moon so much, it died every night to let her breathe.”
42. “Power means happiness; power means hard work and sacrifice.” —Beyonce Knowles
43. “Love is not a feeling of happiness. Love is a willingness to sacrifice.” ―Michael Novak
44. “I would rather be alone with dignity than in a relationship that requires me to sacrifice my self-respect.” ―Mandy Hale
45. “You don’t have to do everything for someone; just do enough to make them feel you are their everything.” ―Ridge Kimani
46. “Sacrifice does not mean the rejection of the worthless, but of the precious.” ― Ayn Rand
47. “If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” ―Jim Rohn
48. “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” —Steve Prefontaine
49. “I’m willing to walk in darkness if it keeps humans in the light.” —Victoria Schwab
50. “We don’t have to sacrifice a strong economy for a healthy environment.” —Dennis Weaver
Sacrifice Quotes about Life
51. “you can’t achieve anything in life without a small amount of sacrifice.” —shakira.
52. “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” —Edmund Burke
53. “One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying.” —Joan of Arc
54. “A team will always appreciate a great individual if he’s willing to sacrifice for the group.” —Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
55. “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” —Albert Pike
56. “Dreams do come true, if we only wish hard enough. You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it.” —James M. Barrie
57. “Brotherhood means laying down your life for somebody, really willing to sacrifice yourself for somebody else.” —Tim Hetherington
58. “The idea of redemption is always good news, even if it means sacrifice or some difficult times.” —Patti Smith
59. “There is no decision that we can make that doesn’t come with some sort of balance or sacrifice.” —Simon Sinek
60. “Sweat plus sacrifice equals success.” —Charlie Finley
61. “The speed of your success is limited only by your dedication and what you’re willing to sacrifice.”
62. “Great leaders are willing to sacrifice the numbers to save the people. Poor leaders sacrifice the people to save the numbers.” —Simon Sinek
63. “The most sublime act is to set another before you.” —William Blake
64. “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” —Dalai Lama
65. “Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.” —Jonathan Swift
66. “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” —John Holmes
67. “Real education should educate us out of self into something far finer; into a selflessness which links us with all humanity.” —Nancy Astor
68. “Selfless action is a source of strength.” —Mahatma Gandhi
69. “Desire is the root of selfishness; clear your heart of desire and be selfless. Selflessness is the key to inner peace.” —Christofer Drew
70. “Every unselfish act of love whispers God’s name.” —Bob Goff
71. “Selfless giving does not imply superiority. Selfless giving is about love.” —Frederick Lenz
72. “The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose.” —Hada Bejar
73. “Love seeks one thing only: the good of the one loved.” —Thomas Merton
74. “Nothing liberates our greatness like the desire to help, the desire to serve.” —Marianne Williamson
75. “By becoming the answer to someone’s prayer, we often find the answers to our own.” —Dieter F. Uchtdorf
76. “A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.” —James Keller
77. “It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others.” —Dalai Lama
Making sacrifices can be tough, but it requires strength and resilience. If you’re looking for sayings to help you stay strong, check out our collection of short inspirational quotes about strength .
78. “No one has ever become poor by giving.” —Anne Frank
79. “There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others.” —Mandy Hale
80. “Behold I do not give lectures or a little charity. When I give I give myself.” —Walt Whitman
81. “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” —Charles Dickens
82. “Day after day, ordinary people become heroes through extraordinary and selfless actions.” —Sylvia Mathews Burwell
83. “Witnessing a selfless act brings tears to remind us how we should be treating others.” —Bryant McGill
84. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?'” — Martin Luther King Jr.
85. “The greatest achievement is selflessness” — Martin Luther King Jr.
86. “Life is an exciting business, and most exciting when it is lived for others.” —Helen Keller
87. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” —Robert Louis Stevenson
88. “I guess that’s just part of loving people: You have to give things up. Sometimes you even have to give them up.” – Lauren Oliver
89. “Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you’re not really losing it. You’re just passing it on to someone else.” —Mitch Albom
This is one of the most wonderful sacrifice quotes taken from the book “The Five People You Meet in Heaven” by Mitch Albom. In this book, the author narrates the story of Eddie, who sacrificed his life to save a little girl. Eddie worked in the carnival and met five people in heaven. One of them was his captain in the Vietnam army. It was the first time that Eddie knew that the captain died to save his life.
The captain explains to Eddie the importance of both of their sacrifices. He further clarifies that sacrifice is considered a part of life. Whether you’ve made big sacrifices or small sacrifices, this is not something that you should feel bitter about. Eddie asked the captain if he had any regrets about losing his life. The Captain replied, “That’s the thing. Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you’re not really losing it. You’re just passing it on to someone else.”
90. “True love is selfless. It is prepared to sacrifice.” —Sadhu Vaswani
Sacrifice quotes for Success
91. “you have to fight to reach your dream. you have to sacrifice and work hard for it.” —lionel messi.
92. “Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.” —Napoleon Hill
93. “I think that the good and the great are only separated by the willingness to sacrifice.” —Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
94. “It’s not hard to decide what you want your life to be about. What’s hard, she said, is figuring out what you’re willing to give up in order to do the things you really care about.” – Shauna Niequist
95. “The important thing is this: to be ready at any moment to sacrifice what you are for what you could become.” – Charles Dickens
96. “He who would accomplish little must sacrifice little; he who would achieve much must sacrifice much; he who would attain highly must sacrifice greatly.” - James Allen
97. “Sometimes in life, you do things you don’t want to. Sometimes you sacrifice, sometimes you compromise. Sometimes you let go and sometimes you fight. It’s all about deciding what’s worth losing and what’s worth keeping.” – Lindy Zart
98. “There can be no progress, no achievement, without sacrifice, and a man’s worldly success will be in the measure that he sacrifices.” -James Allen
99. “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
100. “Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
Which of these sacrifice quotes liked you the most?
Sacrifice quotes are all about giving up something for the sake of helping other people. Are you willing to make a sacrifice? If so, then what sacrifices are you willing to take? Please share it with us in the comments, we’d love to hear it.
We hope that our collection of 100 inspiring quotes and images has provided you with the perspective you need to make sacrifices and achieve your goals.
If you enjoyed reading this article on sacrifice quotes, then please share it with others to inspire them to make some sacrifices for the sake of other people. You could also check out our collection of self-love quotes , that will remind you of the importance of taking care of yourself and sometimes making sacrifices for your well-being.
Positive thinking can be a powerful tool in helping us make sacrifices to achieve our goals. If you’re looking for inspiration to see the bright side of things and keep you motivated, check out our collection of positive thoughts .
Martha lives in the Bay Area and is a dedicated reader of romance novels. She runs a yoga studio and taught yoga for many years. She always says that yoga fuels her writing. She’s also a vegetarian and advocate for living a healthy life. Martha has been writing for us for a while now, giving readers a glimpse into her lifestyle and work.
Adri is a content writer, mental wellness advocate. When not writing for www.goodmorningquote.com, she is sharing inspirational content in social media, reading or exercising
You'll also like:
- 1 .   Motivational Faith Keychains To Show Your Devotion
- 2 .   Integrity Quotes That Will Inspire You
- 3 .   Amanda Gorman: The Youngest Inaugural Poet’s Words of Social Change
- 4 .   142 Best Bible Quotes On Love and Strength
Leave a reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Our mission at Good Morning Quote is to provide bite-sized inspiration and wisdom to help us stay focused and motivated. We want to promote positivity , encourage success, and motivate people with motivational life quotes everyday.
Follow us: Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram
As an Amazon Associate, GoodMorningQuote earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you.
- Birthday Wishes (20)
- Family Quotes (52)
- Famous Quotes (61)
- Friendship Quotes (41)
- Funny Quotes (47)
- Inspirational Quotes (196)
- Life Quotes (167)
- Love Quotes (86)
- Motivational Quotes (138)
- Movie Quotes (20)
- Positive Thinking (113)
- Uncategorized (21)
- Weekday Quotes (9)
- 85 Happy Weekend Quotes and Sayings with Images to share
- 106 Happy Tuesday Quotes and Sayings
- 115 Christmas Greetings for your Holiday Cards
- Wonderful Christmas Poems To Give You That Festive Feeling
- 60+ Inspirational Christmas Quotes with Beautiful Images to share with friends
- 5 Simple Ways to Begin Practicing Gratitude Right Now
- 10 Amazing Books That Will Change Your Life and Inspire Growth
- 72 Happy Thanksgiving Quotes to Share in 2023
- 350 Best Good Morning Quotes, Wishes, Messages, Blessings & Images
- 51 Quotes About Mistakes to Help You Let Go and Move Forward
- 60 Insightful Money Quotes about Earning, Saving and Spending
- Reading Challenge
- Kindle Notes & Highlights
- Favorite genres
- Friends’ recommendations
- Account settings
Sacrifice For Love Quotes
Browse By Tag
- Love Quotes 94.5k
- Life Quotes 75k
- Inspirational Quotes 70.5k
- Humor Quotes 42.5k
- Philosophy Quotes 28.5k
- Inspirational Quotes Quotes 25.5k
- God Quotes 25.5k
- Truth Quotes 23k
- Wisdom Quotes 23k
- Romance Quotes 21.5k
- Poetry Quotes 21k
- Death Quotes 19k
- Happiness Quotes 18.5k
- Hope Quotes 17.5k
- Faith Quotes 17k
- Life Lessons Quotes 17k
- Quotes Quotes 16k
- Inspiration Quotes 16k
- Motivational Quotes 14.5k
- Religion Quotes 14.5k
- Writing Quotes 14.5k
- Spirituality Quotes 14.5k
- Relationships Quotes 14k
- Success Quotes 13.5k
- Life Quotes Quotes 13k
- Love Quotes Quotes 13k
- Time Quotes 12.5k
- Motivation Quotes 11.5k
- Science Quotes 11.5k
- Knowledge Quotes 11k
Welcome back. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account.
True Love Sacrifice Quotes
Thank you! Don't forget to confirm subscription in your email.
Motivational And Inspirational Blog
120 Sacrifice Quotes About Love, Life And Success
- March 24, 2023
- Inspirational Quotes
Looking for inspirational quotes on sacrifice? We have rounded up the best collection of sacrifice quotes, sayings, captions, and status (with images and pictures) about true love, friendship, and success in life.
To sacrifice means to give up something for something else considered more important. It’s a selfless act where you compromise for the greater good.
Also See: Selfless Quotes
We see various forms of sacrifices around us be it sacrificing animals to Gods, or you may sacrifice in friendship or love. It takes a lot of willpower and faith to sacrifice for others.
Success and true love are only possible with compromise, adjustments, trust, and sacrifice.
These encouraging quotes about sacrificing will give you a deeper perspective on how making compromises is important to reach your goals.
If you are inspired by these wise words of wisdom do read; kindness quotes and helping others to inspire you to support others who need help.
Best Sacrifice Quotes For Success
- “True success requires sacrifice.” – Rick Riordan
- “Sweat plus sacrifice equals success.” – Charlie Finley
- “Great success requires greater sacrifice.” – Unknown
- “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” – Steve Prefontaine
- “You can’t achieve anything in life without a small amount of sacrifice.” – Shakira
- “I’m willing to walk in darkness if it keeps humans in the light.” – Victoria Schwab
- “Your success is determined by what you are willing to sacrifice for it.” – Unknown
- “Power means happiness; power means hard work and sacrifice.” – Beyonce Knowles
- “You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it.” – Lionel Messi
- “Every wish, every dream, every idea comes to existence only through blood, sweat and sacrifice.” – Ivan Moody
- “The speed of your success is limited only by your dedication and what you’re willing to sacrifice.” ― Nathan W. Morris
- “Sacrifice: If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.” ― Unknown
- “Success is a simple measurement of the commitment. sacrifice and pain one endures to achieve a dream.” ― The GymFather
- “The important thing is this: to be able, at any moment, to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.” – Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
- “Follow your passion, be prepared to work hard and sacrifice, and, above all, don’t let anyone limit your dreams.” ― Donovan Bailey
- Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won’t, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can’t.” – Unknown
- “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele
- “Dreams do come true, if we only wish hard enough, You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it.” – James M. Barrie
- “There can be no progress, no achievement, without sacrifice, and a man’s worldly success will be in the measure that he sacrifices.” ― James Allen
- “You can’t sleep. Broke people sleep. You got to be willing to sacrifice sleep, if you sleep you may miss the opportunity to be successful.” ― Eric Thomas
- “You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment that you will ever make.” — Gordon B. Hinckley
Famous Quotes About Making Sacrifices
A doctor, nurse, healthcare officials, firefighters, great freedom leaders, and more, all have given their life for the good of humankind.
They rise above their personal interest to make a positive difference in others life. These inspirational self sacrifice quotes will encourage you to always sacrifice for the betterment of the world around you.
- “There is no change without sacrifice.” – Gloria Alfred
- “Sacrifice comes before success. Even in the dictionary.” – Unknown
- “There is no moral authority like that of sacrifice.” – Nadine Gordimer
- “The good life is to be earned with hard work and sacrifice.” – Unknown
- “Let the rest do whatever, while you do whatever it takes.” – Grant Cardone
- “If we succeed without sacrifice, it’s because someone sacrificed for us.” — Denis Waitley
- “Be resolute, fear no sacrifice, and surmount every difficulty to win victory.” — Mao Zedong
- “There are still many causes worth sacrificing for, so much history yet to be made.” – Unknown
- “If you don’t sacrifice for what you want, what you want will become your sacrifice.” – Unknown
- “A noble purpose inspires sacrifice, stimulates innovation and encourages perseverance.” – Gary Hamel
- “The greatest sacrifice is when you sacrifice your own happiness for the sake of someone else.” – Unknown
- “One-half of knowing what you want is knowing what you must give up before you get it.” ― Sidney Howard
- “The idea of redemption is always good news, even if it means sacrifice or some difficult times.” – Patti Smith
- “I think that the good and the great are only separated by the willingness to sacrifice.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- “The only question to ask yourself is, how much are you willing to sacrifice to achieve this success?” – Larry Flynt
- “Sacrifice is a part of life. It’s supposed to be. It’s not something to regret. It’s something to aspire to.” ― Mitch Albom
- “A team will always appreciate a great individual if he’s willing to sacrifice for the group.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- “Gentleness, self-sacrifice, and generosity are the exclusive possession of no one race or religion.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of.” – Bethany Hamilton
- “In some way, suffering ceases to be suffering at the moment it finds meaning, such as the meaning of sacrifice.” ― Victor Frankl
- “You aren’t going to find anybody that’s going to be successful without making a sacrifice and without perseverance.” – Lou Holtz
- “Follow your passion, be prepared to work hard and sacrifice, and, above all, don’t let anyone limit your dreams.” – Donovan Bailey
- “Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you’re not really losing it. You’re just passing it on to someone else.” – Mitch Albom
- “Sometimes you just have to die a little inside in order to be reborn and rise again as a stronger and wiser version of yourself.” – Aagam Shah
- “At the end of the day, we all want to win, so everybody has to sacrifice when you want to be a part of something special.” – Jayson Tatum
- “If you put your mind to something, if you give 100 percent, if you sacrifice, and if you dedicate yourself, anything is truly possible.” – Apolo Ohno
- “I am a member of a team, and I rely on the team, I defer to it and sacrifice for it, because the team, not the individual, is the ultimate champion.” – Mia Hamm
- “He who would accomplish little must sacrifice little; he who would achieve much must sacrifice much; he who would attain highly must sacrifice greatly.” ― James Allen
- “The ultimate test of man’s conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard.” – Gaylord Nelson
- “Things aren’t gifted to you. Things don’t just come from an idea, from nothing. You have to work for them. You have to pursue them. You have to take time. You have to sacrifice.” – Ozuna
- “We all naturally want to become successful… we also want to take shortcuts. And it’s easy to do so, but you can never take away the effort of hard work and discipline and sacrifice.” – Apolo Ohno
Quotes About Sacrifice For Love
People often say that true love requires sacrifice, which literally means giving up something that’s important or precious to you for the sake of something or someone else.
Also See: Serving Others Quotes
We all have seen our mother or father make small or big sacrifices to make their children happy. You have to make sacrifices in family too so that their is unity and bond amongst everyone.
- “Every true and deep love is a sacrifice.” – Carl Jung
- “Love without sacrifice is like theft.” – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- “Love sacrifices all things to bless the thing it loves.” ― Edward Bulwer-Lytton
- “Love is not a feeling of happiness. Love is a willingness to sacrifice.” – Michael Novak
- “Sacrifices we make for others and that others make for us, result in blessings for all.” ― Taylor G. Godoy
- “Love doesn’t please itself by seeking revenge. Love sacrifices itself for the good of others.” ― Kerrelyn Sparks
- “Sacrificing your happiness for the happiness of the one you love, is by far, the truest type of love.” ― Unknown
- “There is no decision that we can make that doesn’t come with some sort of balance or sacrifice.” – Simon Sinek
- “Think now and then that there is a man who would give his life, to keep a life you love beside you.” ― Charles Dickens
- “True love is built on sacrifice and that sacrifice often means putting others’ needs above your own.” ― Unknown
- “You don’t have to do everything for someone; just do enough to make them feel you are their everything.” ― Ridge Kimani
- “I guess that’s just part of loving people: You have to give things up. Sometimes you even have to give them up.” – Lauren Oliver
- “Life is a song – sing it. Life is a game – play it. Life is a challenge – meet it. Life is a dream – realize it. Life is a sacrifice – offer it. Life is love – enjoy it.” – Sai Baba
- “Love proves itself by deeds, so how am I to show my love? Great deeds are forbidden me. The only way I can prove my love is by scattering flowers, and these flowers are every little sacrifice, every glance and word, and the doing of the least actions for love.” – Thérèse of Lisieux
Inspirational Sacrifice Quotes For Family & Friends
- “Where there is family, there is sacrifices, happiness and love for others.” ― Unknown
- “You should never sacrifice three things: your family, your heart, and your dignity.” ― Unknown
- “Sacrifice is the ecstasy of giving the best we have to the one we love the most.” ― J. Oswald Sanders
- “Love is not possible without sacrifice, and sacrifice is not possible without love.” ― Karen Kingsbury
- “Friendship is based on the spirit of sacrifice; as an expression of love for the welfare of others.” ― Radhanath Swami
- “When your parents are not rich but still afford to give you a beautiful life, appreciate their sacrifices.” ― Unknown
- “Every child is born with two parents but what’s sad is often times, only one of them all the sacrifices.” ― Unknown
- “Sacrifices means spending less time on entertainment and more time on improving your life and family.” ― Unknown
- “A healthy relationship will never require you to sacrifice your friends, your dreams, or your dignity.” ― Mandy Hale
- “When you make the sacrifice in marriage, you’re sacrificing not to each other but to unity in a relationship.” ― Joseph Campbell
- “Brotherhood means laying down your life for somebody, really willing to sacrifice yourself for somebody else.” – Tim Hetherington
- “Parenting is the biggest sacrifice one can make, it’s putting your life on hold to fulfill the promise of your children’s tomorrow.” – Frederica Ehimen
- “Being genetically related doesn’t make you family. Love, support, trust, sacrifice, honesty, protection, and loyalty is what makes you family.” – Unknown
- “True love is not just sacrifice, it’s about always finding the perfect reason to sacrifice anything for another person’s happiness, it’s consistent selflessness.” – Unknown
- “No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than they once were.” – Anthony Kennedy
Quotes About Sacrificing And Pain
Soldiers, the men and women who serve their country, whether in peace time or war, make the ultimate sacrifices for the greater good of their country.
Army men and military soldiers are separated from their family separations, long and difficult hours with no extra pay, and more just for the freedom that everyone else enjoys.
Though sacrificing brings pain but it also brings with it a a bigger cause that will have a better tommorow for others.
- “Find a purpose to serve, not a lifestyle to live.” ― Criss Jami
- “Patriotism demands of us sustained sacrifice.” – Chiang Kai-shek
- “Never sacrifice who you are because someone has a problem with it.” ― Unknown
- “Peace demands the most heroic labor and the most difficult sacrifice.” ― Thomas Merton
- “Too long a sacrifice can make a stone of the heart. O when may it suffice?” – William Butler Yeats
- “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” – Joseph Campbell
- “Life is only a long and bitter suicide, and faith alone can transform this suicide into a sacrifice.” – Franz Liszt
- “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” – Jeff Miller
- “For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it.” ― Luke 9:24 (Bible Verse)
- “Real magic can never be made by offering someone else’s liver. You must tear out your own, and not expect to get it back.” – Peter S. Beagle
- “Great leaders are willing to sacrifice the numbers to save the people. Poor leaders sacrifice the people to save the numbers.” – Simon Sinek
- “Value and appreciate the people who sacrifice their “something” for you. Because maybe that “something” was their everything.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes the prize is not worth the costs. The means by which we achieve victory are as important as the victory itself.” – Brandon Sanderson
- “Sustainability can’t be like some sort of a moral sacrifice or political dilemma or a philanthropical cause. It has to be a design challenge.” – Bjarke Ingels
- “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” – Edmund Burke
- “Sometimes you need to sacrifice your own happiness and choose to do what is right because not everything, that makes you happy is right.” – Unknown
- “Democracy, like liberty, justice and other social and political rights, is not “given”, it is earned through courage, resolution and sacrifice.” – Aung San Suu Kyi
- “Some people will never understand the sacrifices you’re making for them until you stop making them. Don’t continue to be where you’re not appreciated.” – Unknown
- “One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying.” – Joan of Arc
- “For me, no ideological or political conviction would justify the sacrifice of a human life. For me, the value of life is absolute, with no concessions. It’s not negotiable.” – Edgar Ramirez
- “In the military, they give medals for people who are willing to sacrifice themselves so that others may survive. In business, we give bonuses to people who sacrifice others.” – Simon Sinek
- “Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Freedom does not come without a price. We may sometimes take for granted the many liberties we enjoy in America, but they have all been earned through the ultimate sacrifice paid by so many of the members of our armed forces.” – Charlie Dent
- “She taught me all about real sacrifice. That it should be done from love… That it should be done from necessity, not without exhausting all other options. That it should be done for people who need your strength because they don’t have enough of their own.” ― Veronica Roth
Let us know which of the above sayings and quotes you resonate the most with. If you have a quote that is not on the above list, please share it in the comments section below.
If you loved these quotes, then do check out having a good heart quotes and words of encouragement for tough times.
Share these wise words of wisdom, jokes, and memes with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Twitter to encourage them to do their best and prove it all with their powerful actions and hard work.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *