Your home for college admission support
We bring ease, joy, and purpose to the college admission process., free resources.
Practical guides on the personal statement, supplemental essays, paying for college, and more.
Comprehensive Live and OnDemand courses to keep you on track. Most are pay-what-you-can, so anyone can join.
Want more personalized help? We've got free and paid options. Schedule a call with us to find out more.
When it comes to college admissions, we pretty much have all the things.
College Application Hub
- Essay examples
- Brainstorming exercises
- Supplemental essay guides
- Weekly AMAs
- Interviews with experts
- Professional development for counselors
- Industry-leading experts
- Building your college list
- Behind the scenes of an admission office
- Application advice
- Interview guidance
- Join 4,000+ college-bound students
- Inspiration for college planning
- Student-only community
- Memes & daily cats
Most of our courses are Pay-what-you-can—which means anyone can join.
All Student Courses
- Join live or watch OnDemand
- Personal statement
- College application
- Applying to selective colleges
- College List Building
- Advanced Courses
All Counselor Courses
- Join live or OnDemand
- Comprehensive professional development
- Applications & supplemental essays
- Working one-on-one
- Workshops and small groups
Meet with an experienced essay specialist or counselor. Receive personalized, comprehensive support. Get all your questions answered.
College Essay Guy believes that every student should have access to the tools and guidance necessary to create the best application possible. That's why we're a one-for-one company, which means that for every student who pays for support, we provide free support to a low-income student.
The Matchlighters Scholars Program pairs high-achieving students from low-income households with experienced college counselors.
College Essay Guy offers tons of free and paid resources and professional development opportunities for college counselors working in high schools, community based organizations, or independent practices.
Free resources for counselors.
- Application checklists and monthly email templates
- Step-by-step guides
- Resources just for counselors working in high schools and CBOs
Online Video Courses
- Starting at $597 (or pay-what-you-can)
- Personal statement, supplemental essays, UC personal insight questions, and more
- For working one-on-one or in groups
Workshops & Speaking Events
- Led by trained workshop facilitators—from 30 to 300 students
- Personal statement, supplemental essays, UC PIQ’s and more
- Mix-and-match presentation topics
Essay Writing Curriculum
- Two private, live training sessions with your team
- A schedule of daily assignments with interactive exercises that help foster moments of self-discovery
- Designed specifically for teachers, high school and CBO college counselors
- Meet with college counseling and admissions experts
- Live weekly sessions
- Detailed calendar
- Get your questions answered
- 37-page guide
- College List-Building
- Financial Aid
- Standardized Tests